Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Wednesday 21 February 2024

489 - Poetic Bubble - How many are we?

 


Voting topics for the poetry bubble of 21 February 2024:

How many are we?

How to be a poet with ghosts

What are your disobediences?


For this composition, I relied on previous bubbles, and made a sort of synthesis, a summary of the characters - with a view to continuing the series created by the interactions in links that I established after a few initially separated texts.


The chosen subject is the title:


How many are we?


Inside me sleep at least three a-person.

I have already named them, dear journal:

in order, I was Magalie, Virginie and Lucie. These were the suggestions.


So are we just these three facets? Should I select a version?

How many of us are really looking for our deep and legitimate identity?

Take the tour with me, inanimate object, be the mirror of my questions.


Magalie lacks confidence, speaking about herself in the third person.

The clarity of vision escapes her on an imagined glorious past, even though it is infinitesimal

Virginia is a bridge on fire; the first to accept the striking luminosity of introspection,


of a mental fever, which pushes her to her limits.

Is Lucie my real identity, the one that sticks to the first name like a glove?

How many times have I changed my name in this lifetime?


Adapting from my original French wasn't too hard for this one. 

Instead of 

Inside me sleep at least three people

I used 

Inside me sleep at least three a-person.

Instead of 

Should I select any?

I used 


Should I select a version?

Whilst

legitimate identity?

is the only rhyme I had to sacrifice, but thanks to the few alterations based on synonyms or very similar meanings as to the original, I managed to keep the rest of my rhymes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments