Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Friday 16 February 2024

488 - Fiction bubble 5 words



 The fiction bubble of 16/Feb/2024 consists of 5 words to include: happy, poor, port, kitchen, table.

My composition follows directly from the previous workshop, the poetic one, dedicated to a dialogue with a simple stone.


I'm glad you heard me after my efforts at communication, human person. Your distraction almost cost me my life, quite simply! In fact, you realize that even though I look like a simple stone, I am Grohtian and I am looking for my people; I suppose you had never met them before me?

Let me think a little; Grohtian, you say? That means absolutely nothing to me, but an idea comes to mind: I had seen paintings on ancient mythologies, or even fantastic adventure films with stone creatures or even, well, there are also Gargoyles, who are these monstrous statues on churches or other buildings, except that you do not seem to me to share their villainy at all. Could the Grohtians be creatures of their family?

Gargoyle, you say? I don't know if we're related at all. On the other hand, if it helps you to direct me more easily to my ancestors, I know that we were landed in a seaport a long time ago. I crossed desert landscapes, then a valley with poor vegetation, then a forest, before you lifted me up.

So here, I'm going to need an atlas, in order to consult maps and look for these various possible places, can you allow me to take you home and discuss it as we go along? Let me introduce myself, I'm Lucie, and you?

Brakkarra Alehorn, you can call me Brakkara.

Nice to meet you, let’s go!

A few moments later, I sat down with Brakkara, whom I placed next to an open atlas on the large kitchen table.


************************************************** ******************************


Notes: in composing this fiction, direct sequel to What conversation do you have with a simple pebble? I wanted to name the stone and create a new mystery - which I plan to take up in a future text, I already have an idea where I want to take it. To do this, I decided to rely on the fictional writings of JRR Tolkien, the author having created, among other books, languages and peoples, a specific language, Khuzdul, for the Dwarves, described as tough, warriors and lovers of stone and crafts. In this fictional language, the word aban means stone, a bit like in Hebrew (e-vé-nne) but not being completely inspired on how to divert this word, I went with other fictions with Dwarves, for example in the Forgotten Realm universe, by Ed Greenwood, for Dungeons & Dragons (and also Baldur's Gate III) - D&D being directly inspired by the writings of Tolkien.


There, it is Groht who designates the 'stone', hence the name of the people that our stone supposes to have its origins, the Grohtians.

Brakkarra Alehorn, on the other hand, is a Tolkien syntax-generated name for Dwarves, so I still managed to include his Legendarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments