Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Friday 12 January 2024

484 - Fiction bubble StartEnd



Note on the image : I used 2 of my own photos

For the composition of this January 12, the fiction start/end bubble announced the 1st sentence must be:

"Ils avaient dû s'aimer mais c'était il y a longtemps... =

"They must have loved each other but it was a long time ago...


and the text must end with this:

"Je vois juste une lune en croissant et des nuages en forme de mélancholie" =

"I just see a crescent moon and clouds in the shape of melancholy"

"They must have loved each other but it was a long time ago...


I don't know their whole story, because it was told to me by a third person, by spurts. I think they met during a cultural or political event, I don't remember what this person said to me. He appeared charming, cultured, charismatic. She thought he was captivating and interesting, someone to talk about her ideas with, so after a while they moved in together.

They had a son, or a daughter, I don't remember that either (unless the person who told me their story didn't specify it at all, which would explain my confusion).

From this period onwards, things began to turn around – the honey of the encounter became as sour as expired vinegar, whereas honey is supposed to endure beyond history.

The charm gave way to an arrogant and angry face. He didn't want to listen to the ideas she had, but wanted to transfer his to her and their offspring, just like you transfer a file to overwrite another, or, here, a file to replace several.

The refusals of one irritated the imperious desires of the other, who tried by all means to convince of his superiority, and, like Gregory who turned off the gas lamps to make Paula believe that she was crazy, this man was trying to extinguish the inner gas, the very personality, of his companion.

I understood that she had thought she was just as crazy as Paula, that it was all her fault, that she had lost the jewels – proverbial in her case, not like those coveted by Gregory – before realizing that their life paths diverged too much, and that their association had to be put to an end.

The person who told me all this asked me if these people could have loved each other, or if everything was a lie and manipulation from the start, and I admit to being also perplexed, and having strong doubts, even if my point view is colored by a partially known history. Anyway, tonight I just see a crescent moon and clouds shaped like melancholy.”


PS Gregory and Paula are from the 1944 movie Gaslight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments