Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 30 April 2023

471- From Wall to Wall a tale of two parallel lives - a Poem

 


I'm working to finish Emma Mcgann's song writing challenge (it lasted 10 days from 17 to 26 April), each with its own prompt. If you recall, I'd converted it into poems, and I now come towards the very end with post #9, for which the prompt was "Parallel lives" (e.g. destiny, connection, contrast).

This one required a lot of thinking, as I wasn't sure how to approach the subject... I already know what I want to use this part of the prompt for my mashup, but inspiration for the main challenge was tardy. 

I read Emma's song, as well as members who posted in her Discord server for it, and it finally hit me with basic keywords, which I built around something that I wish had happened... so I expanded it to a story telling of something else (for which I obviously didn't ever want to participate in, as you'll see from the paragraphs below). 

Once composed, I realized this makes a tryptic with Prison Escape from day 4, and Unsent Letter to a Despot from day 8. 

From Wall to Wall : a tale of two parallel lives (336 words)

Can you imagine where you'd be if you hadn't escaped from your prison ? 

What if you had yielded to your jailor's whims and in his footsteps  followed ?

For these were his plans for you, his eldest Son ! From his thrown, his wisdom proffered,

You would've accomplished his intended objectives and  far and wide spread his word,


Hand in hand, walking that humble path of saving souls from damnation,

a role model to all disciples, a pinnacle of truth and virtue, your mentor's path taken.

People's hearts and spirits you could've helped re-awaken

having shown each and one of them how their life paths' had been mistaken


Children and adults, men and women to teach and expand your father's organization,

their destinies and spirits at stake, their service and  down-payment for their Privileged Spot,

for Paradise's Luxury their ghosts had, throughout life, sought ! 


Thanks to you and Him, this world's sins twisted to intermission

Your Light to guide these wretched and lost ships at sea, a beam from high above, 

in safe ports drop their anchor, and affix their person to your mentors' feet,  thus receiving his Love


Compliant with his designs, spared from punishments and your body free from pain,

Fuller would be your purse, dangling its excess to lands beyond ! Whole acres to maintain !

Lavish and extravagant rewards for a life in pursuit of Truth and saving humans from hell's train


One day ; however, a complaint about Him would reach the authorities,

his secrets revealed, the full exposure of his abuses' improprieties,

Justice would separate him from his disciples, in truth his victims, an end to his diocese


The full strength of the law on us would befall,

in a small room we'd crawl !

Its darkness ultimately teaching me how wrong was being his thrall,

After such an introspection, the guards I'd call

Witness against my father no longer stall,

Released from prison, it's much better to be a mole !

 

For that is how he should have perished in this reality : alone, surrounded by wall's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments