Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 25 April 2023

468 - Strands of Shadows - A poem



 Day 6 – shadows (light & dark, illusive, ghosts,,,) in Emma Mcgann's song writing challenge - I'll remind you that I adapt the challenge to write poems. 


Strands of Shadows : 


The shadow of the past 

extends its wings far and wide

its weight surrounded me ; Memories of yore resurface with a blast

From their images and sounds it is difficult to hide


The clock had ran ahead, but events long dissipated 

stretched on time's elastic and rejoined the present

vigorous and realistic hallucinations the mind inundated 

a new reality was born, without my consent


I straightaway exist in this recollection

whilst past and present mingle to a scary connection

lines are blurred, pains and aches are felt once more

this affliction i can no longer ignore


My breath is now faster, now slower

it alternates beyond my capacity to regulate

my chest is heavy, it feels like a square wooden plate,

or perhaps a stone was set over

my heart, it now palpitates helter-skelter

I fall to the ground,  this ailment I must entreat

 its grasp to release, for my energy is now deplete,

I must crawl away from this, and find shelter


Danger has been consumed, discomfort withdrew.

A broad tree shades over my crouched silhouette

Sunbeam cleave through its boughs, light on me to imbue

I can breath fresh air, by it my lungs are met


My nostrils receive a message, the scent of flowers and green

A new sight of multiple colors, oh what a scene !

Of the birds' songs, my ears are most keen

Nature's finest attributes seeping into me feelings so serene


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes after I translated this poem into French

I must crawl away from this, and find a functional shelter

from initial

I must crawl away from this, and find shelter


my chest is heavy, it feels like a square wooden plate,

from initial

my chest is heavy, it feels like a wooden plate,


its weight surrounded me is an addition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments