Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 18 April 2023

463 - Dreamland : a poem

I wrote this poem because I wanted to stir my inspiration out of its slumber, and used Emma Mcgann's songwriting challenge prompt to create this poem - I'm not a song writer. 
At 197* words, it's shorter than my previous poems, but am still rather pleased with the result.

Dreamland :
The only concrete within my grasp
In an array are set pains of all sorts,
Aching body, head to toe,
Afflicted chemicals in the attic,
and a stricken basement,

In quest of fresh breath, I gasp,
For the road to healing lay in far away ports,
The discomfort of reality striking a bare and mighty blow,
This bag of flesh and bones reduced to static,
It is evidently time for a displacement
Through the mist I yearn to escape into a dreamland,
A fantasy of wills, that would be magnificent and grand !
Shifting into an android body, of my figure in full command
Organic processes transposed by bionic mechanisms advanced,
Replacing physical agonies and torments of the mind,
To emerge with new abilities, and to shackles unbind,
In Utopia I can stand on my hand, walk and not stumble,
The Intellect rising in power, precision and speed,
Agility and prowess elevating to new peaks,
The new frame now eternal, which doesn't wither nor crumble,
The supernatural delivered by science, economized in need,
Lifting limitations, Inspiration from my inner muses I seek,
Accommodating time for learning and knowledge to pursue,
Wishing for dreamland and reality to blend anew


Changes after translating the poem into French :
The discomfort of reality striking a mighty blow,
became The discomfort of reality striking a bare and mighty blow

A fantasy of wills, that would be grand !
became A fantasy of wills, that would be magnificent and grand !

* originally 193 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments