Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 14 June 2021

452 - #SelfCareTogether 3



 Second update on Anneli/Pigletish challange #SelfCareTogether for the days 7- 13.

Details of the challenge, or Anneli's blog entry.


As I said in entry 451, I had to make a few changes, firstly because I was sickly with a sore throat for a few days, , and secondly, I was still busy watching my tennis matches (French Open), so I forgot all about the challenge! 

7.  Move your body - this is when I was still sickest, so the movements were all limited, and postponed to when I can actually do them. 

For day 8. Connect with nature // Alternative: Water a houseplant or watch a nature documentary. Image suggestion: Some greenery. Since I was sick, we don't have a houseplant and I do'nt watch nature docus (phobias may get triggered, not to mention hypersensitive to some content), I'm going to adapt this to ... making sprouts ! Here's a general look for when they're ready to harvest - it's more interesting than seeds soaked in water.





9. Add organization to 1 part of your home/life // Alternative: write down 3 simple tasks you’d like to get done soon. 

I'll be simple with this and say that I want to finish re-organizing the papers next to my desk, finish cleaning the desk itself (process begun slowly during my tennis-watch sessions), and to replace broken cd cases. 

10. Compliment yourself. Say it out loud. Write it down. // Alternative: Remind yourself that you deserve kindness, patience and love. Say it out loud and then write it down.

This is one is often tough for me, and in a transitional period am going through at the moment, I felt it extra challenging to do. I start a new therapy on the 11th (tomorrow) and so, I use this 10th day's challenge to remind me of the main goals in going to yet another type of therapy : to further progress in my healing path.

11. Sit outside for 15 minutes // Alternative: Sit by an open window.  Image suggestion: Your view

I walked outside for more than 15 minutes : 1st to therapy, then to the organic store and supermarket, on the way back. Although it was sunny and hot, I preferred not to sit outside anywhere, firstly because I wasn't near any benches, secondly due to time constraints and most importantly, not wanting to risk it until after my I'm fully vaccinated against covid19. 

12. Work towards the goal you set last week // Note: even a small step counts!  Image suggestion: A moment of your day

The goals I had set were to get over my sore throat so I could go to my new therapy, which was "yesterday" in relation to June 12th prompt. 

13. Get some rest // Note: a lie-in, nap, early night or some meditation all count. Image suggestion: A place you feel at ease

I did go to bed somewhat earlier than many recent nights, and didn't do all that much - took the day as relaxing as possible, watched my last tennis match in the French Open ; watched some music streams in Twitch ; and continued working on our latest homemade board game expansion. 

(See you in part 4, next week! )

Update 11/11/2021 : I realized I'd never  finished the challenge, for whatever reasons, I got behind... tho I did fulfil eating a cake on 18th of June, and some of the other prompts, just not necessarily on the days, and not on purpose. The challenge simply left my brain back then. This series won't be finished, unless I decided to do it with a delay of 5 months. And now, back to the initial post:

The table to remind of the overall month's challenge, shown with Anneli's permission : 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments