Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Wednesday 9 June 2021

451 - #SelfCareTogether 2




First update on Anneli/Pigletish challange #SelfCareTogether for the first 6 days. 


Details of the challenge, or Anneli's blog entry.


The prompts :

1. Get outside // Alternative: open the window and let some fresh air in.  Image suggestion: your view.

I didn't manage going out, thinking I could go after dinner and finishing a last tennis match, it started to storm. This is a cropped view : 

2. Eat something tasty // Notes: it doesn’t have to be “balanced” or what other people would consider to be tasty.  Image suggestion: your plate. Here's the image and under it, the info!


Well... it sure was tasty! 

a. Salad composed of lamb's lettuce, corn, hearts of palm (they said it's an ethical one), cucumber, cluster tomato, radish, Soy sauce, mustard, olive and colza oils.

b. Potatoes, grilled aubergine & shallot, with tomato-sesame curry masala made by my wife. 

c. Supermarket bakery bread


3. Drink water // Notes: flavor with squash or fruit if you need to! Image suggestion: your water bottle

I often struggle to finish my normal water 💦 daily quotas so with the challenge, I made an effort and finished this first 1l bottle by early afternoon 🍶 ! 

Also drank a cup of grape juice 🍷💜 and I show the Brita microdisc water filter carafe (btw, this isn't a paid promo, I wasn't contacted by the brand, it's just what we use). 



4. Read a chapter // Alternative: listen to a chapter of an audiobook.  Image suggestion: your book


After reading a tough topic in "Warmth of..." (seen above), I found a cute lil sci-fi story from #ArthurCClarke in a collection I cannot recommend as 1 author included therein is far too problematic.

Arthur C was either gay but also experienced bi, so who knows, he fulfils an lgbtqia+ reading for Pride Month. This is the image of a narrated version of this story. 



5. Make something // Notes: it can be as small as a sandwich or as big as a blanket. Try to enjoy the process. Image suggestion: your creation.

Feeling a bit under the weather, my throat hurting a bit, having difficulty swallowing, I made

A) basmati rice

B) tomato soup with 2 yellow onions, 3 cluster tomatoes + 5 cherry ones. Olive oil, spices (paprika, ginger, black pepper and garlic, all powder form)



6. Set a goal for yourself for the next week // Notes: This can be as small and achievable as you want it to be. Make sure it’s something within your control. Image suggestion: write down your goal.

I actually had to set 2 of them, the first was getting over my sore throat and second, to attend my new therapy on the 11th - which couldn't be re-scheduled, unless pushed all the way to September. So, I've overcome most of that sore throat by now (9th June) and can go to my appointment as initially planed, in two days time. 

I have to change the order of a few subsequent challenges, so they'll appear in my next entries. 


The main challenge table for quick referencing - shared with Anneli's permission. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments