Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 16 June 2020

436- Still here but slow


image credit : myself, it's a sketch I did back in July 2016. One of my shortest entries comes with 334 words bellow.

Hello everyone, you may have noticed that I don't post as often as I used to, especially in the high, busy periods when twitter's mental health community was giving challenges and material to think about and discuss... 


Truth the matter is that after the breakdown of said community, into fractions made of various niches, and became disconnected, with no chats nor challenges coming my way, my inspiration dwindled.

In the past few months, several difficulties were added : a friend's death, starting antidepressant, covid19 and lockdown. Each of these were both source of inspiration and blockage. 

The antidepressant slowed me down greatly - my ability to keep my concentration and train of thought were reduced, slowing me down in composing blog entries. 

Lately, I wanted to take greater part of the sociopolitical Black Lives Matter movement, but felt overwhelmed with the emotions created by so much hate and violence, and also with the question of where do I begin to search and what do I post first once I have enough text to share... 

Thus far, I managed a first introductory post about my BLM intentions, in entry 434. These past couple weeks, before and after that post, I have been sharing content mostly on Facebook and Twitter, but growing very slowly my blog content. 

In the past few months, I also noticed a reduction in my vision - a friend with whom I chatted about this told me it's a possible side effect of antidepressants, confirmed by the official list, so I tend to assume this is why, as my eye doctor told me that I should be fine for about 5 years, and it's been only 1 and a half since my last prescription. 
My research is therefore also slower than usual, which explains that any topic on the blog is affected - and thus, I am overall here, but slow. 

There's nothing I can do about it, so you'll have to be patient with me, as I must with all these factors. See you around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments