Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 10 February 2020

422- Trimmer Jacques Provost 0589


As discussed in post 417, my current shaving routine alternates 2 main tools - the rotary blade shaver by SweetLF, and this cheap but rather impressive small trimmer, which I paid about 12€ in a local mall!! 


First, I'll remind you that '' I may discuss brands I tested, but I am in no way endorsing their practices (which I'm not aware of)  and am not being paid to mention them, either. This is purely a personal experience, pros and cons I find in self-care routines and products I use for them."

This  Jacques Provost 0589 trimmer runs on a single AA battery and comes with 3 attachments : a mini foil shaver, an eyebrows trimmer with its additional "guide'', and a beard trimmer blade. 

The box also offers a small, lightweight and black travel pouch - and a tiny cleaning brush, which am ok with at this price, and that I already have a bigger one with the rotary shaver. 

The attachments are washable - the foil one can actually be further disassembled to reach under the blade itself, which was a pleasant surprise. 

Each attachment can be dismounted by clicking the small release button above the "on" bigger button ; attaching is simple. 

The blades don't seem hypoallergenic, but the fact that I can rinse seems to be ok - I rarely ever get any skin irritation, and only had it twice in over 7 months usage, and even then, it went away alone after 5 minutes time! I just pay attention not to pass the same area more than twice in a row - I move to another, let the skin cool, and come back if necessary, and that seems to be enough (though I usually extend my shaving routine, as stated, it's not always needed from these rather well made blades). 

The provided alkaline AA battery lasted about 4 months - so rather a good autonomy- and then I changed it to one of my less important rechargeable NiMh batteries (one that I don't need for other purposes).

I don't use the eyebrows trimmer yet as I'm not confidant in my skills, after a first disastrous attempt, where I trimmed far too much! I think the "guide" is to help deciding the exact size of trimming. 

I use the other two attachments quite frequently, though not on every single shaving day. I'll use the foil one either after the beard trimming, or after the SweetLf, to smooth my skin further than am able to do with the rotary blade's size and my skin areas, especially around the mustache but also the neck. 

I tested the limits of this trimmer: I need more time and patience at about 10 days growth, as the beard trimmer attachment isn't very wide, and the extra hair forces the motor more. (I usually shave every 1-3 days, but for the purpose of finding out limits, I waited). 

The foil alone isn't wide enough, and the motor isn't a super powerful enough, to use on more than 2 days beard for me, but that's ok : it's not a shaver, but a trimmer, which I use to complement to the shaver. 

All in all, I'm quite happy with this trimmer - chosen for its price, as it wasn't too much of a risk, and also, the fact that it didn't requite regular replacement blades, such as the One Blade (too costly for me here, but which may, it appears, be more powerful, to each their needs and usages. 

To top it all, the trimmer, its attachments and bag all weigh about 117 gr/4.1 oz (battery included!) and inside my sturdy pouch and additional bag for the attachments, that my wife gave me, with a grand total of 180 gr. (6.35 oz), remaining a light weight to transport. 

PS : the brand presents this trimmer under the same "Esprit Gentleman, the barb Xpert'' but I prefer to use the model as seen on bottom line "by". 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments