Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 10 February 2020

421 - Electric shaver SweetLF SWS7105




If you recall post 417 about my current self-care routines, I mentioned that I started using this electric shaver a few months ago. Today, I want to detail this model, SW-S7105 from SweetLF.

I'll remind you that '' I may discuss brands I tested, but I am in no way endorsing their practices (which I'm not aware of)  and am not being paid to mention them, either. This is purely a personal experience, pros and cons I find in self-care routines and products I use for them."

This shaver came in an elegant cardboard box, made from recycled materials and containing also the USB cable, a cap, a small cleaning brush, a small storage, and very basic user manual in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese. 

Operating temperature: 0 ~ 40°C degree, which means that it'd functionally normally, at least indoors, even in hot summer days or cold winter days ; that said, I personally don't shave outside, but if you did, that's the range I presume would still be ok. 

The shaver has IPX7 Waterproof, offering Wet & Dry Technology with 3D rotating heads and an LCD Screen, showing the battery capacity in 20% increments. 

The motor is announced with 2800RPM high speed, and battery autonomy of 120 minutes of shaving, for 60 minutes charging time. I can say that straight out of the box, and shaving every 1-4 days (usually every 2) for the past 4 months, has surpassed my expectations regarding this battery, which I rate as excellent. Indeed, in all this time, I haven't charged it even once, and it has displayed 40% capacity left for over a month! 

The brand tells you to wash under water - and though they don't say it, pay extra care not to let the USB port, situated at the bottom, get any water. I thus open the grid under the tap every usage or two, and once a month, dismantle the rotary blades, rinse under tap (making sure that I close the sink, out of fear of losing the blades, lest they fall!).  I usually let it air-dry, but if in a hurry, I'll dry with a clean towel, very gently, and put back in the provided transport bag, in which I also keep the cleaning brush, and usb cable.

Since this bag isn't sturdy, I then set the entire thing in a sturdier pouch. 

I generally find this model to surpass my expectations, and very glad to have invested in it. I actually took the risk because it was on sale, about 30€ instead of 80 ; the blades are supposed to be replaced after 18 months, so I even bought the replacement, also on sale, at 12€ instead of 30. 
Presuming that these last indeed 18+18 months, I think 42€ for 36 months is a very good deal, indeed! and much cheaper than the previous, non-electric, hand razors I had. 



Each of the blades looks like this : 



This shaver lacks a lock button, so I occasionally hit the start button when I put it back in the bag, having to stop it again. Apart for that, it's a really good model for my needs. 

Important remarks from SweetLf: 
1. The adapter not included in the package, you can use your mobile phone plug to charge it, but you have to be careful the output voltage of the adapter must ≤5V
2. Shaving results would vary with different beard types

My shaving is usually rather smooth, though it still shows a tiny bit of stubble left on the skin. With extra care and time, and completing the task with my trimmer (review on next entry, 422), it is nearer perfectly well shaved, and could, possibly, be further improved with a  proper foil shaver. 

The only difficulties I encounter are around my mustache area, and the neck, as the rotary blades are slightly too big for these zones and require more attention, skin pulling, turning and takes. 

From various videos I checked about shaving tips, I have been shaving in all directions :  a passage from top to bottom, another from right to left, in circular motions, and again from bottom upwards, usually does the trick on my face, whereas the moustache absolutely needs at least one attachment from the trimmer. 

I also learned that it's good to treat and clean the skin, before and after : once a week, I rinse with hot water, apply an exfoliation cream, spread with a wash-cloth, rinse it off and let my skin dry completely, before shaving. The other days, I do this cleaning with only the wash-cloth, but without the cream. 

Another trick I learned is to pull my skin in the opposite direction from where I shave,  and it seems to actually help with better access to it, or perhaps more malleability? 

Last points : when I take my time and don't press the blades too hard or too long on my skin, I never ever get skin rashes ; I never cut myself anywhere, whereas the manual blades systemically caused cuts on the side of a mole I have on my chin, and often around the mustache area, most sensitive part of my face, it seems. 

Bottom lines:
Can be cleaned fairly easily, though doesn't fully dismount ;
3D rotary blades seems very efficient, close to 100% but not quite there (I have coarse hairs) ; 
Amazing battery life! 
The shaver+usb cable+brush+provided travel bag weigh only 209 gr (almost 7.4 OZ) [my travel pouch adds another 28 gr or just under 1 OZ]

I'd defo recommend this model!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments