Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 17 June 2018

367- #FathersDay


A lot of people celebrate today their father, and that is fine if they/ you feel like celebrating your wonderful father, his actions and raising you, in his support and so on. 

I personally don't celebrate this yet another largely commercialized day, not only because of this aspect or that each country has its own origin and sometimes assigned date, but also because I have no father to celebrate.


No, as far as I know, he's not physically dead, but I wish to keep him dead in my life, as I cut all ties with him over 10 years ago and don't ever wish to reunite or even talk. This is the one man who caused me most harm in my life, having kidnapped me from my mother and lied to me about her identity for a decade and a half. 

I won't repeat here everything I said in all my other past or future entries about cptsd, growing up in a religious cult, having experienced abuse.

I'll only say that he never, not once, told me that he loved me, or shown any kind of affection. He was abusing, toxic and never even admitted his many faults - he only projected the guilt onto others. 

I wanted to remind you that it's ok not to celebrate a father you grew to dislike or hate due to any reason of personal experiences with him. It's ok to step out of social media and not see everyone praising their fathers, but, if you choose on the contrary to acknowledge that not all fathers are dirtbags and that some have fulfilled their role admirably and want to support them or your friends who had such wonderful dads, that's ok too - this is what I'll personally do, because I like supporting my friends and this goes beyond my own choice of not celebrating the dude who gave me life, and then did all he could to ruin it. 

Happy father's day to you my friends, to you strangers, if you celebrate your wonderful dads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments