Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 1 April 2018

346- Mystery blogger award (Okoto Enigma, via Ella)




Before I explain this entry, I send big thank you’s to Ella for the nomination, check out her twitter and her blog.
I also thank Okoto Enigma  who created this award on her blog.

I now move on the rules, answers, and my own questions.
RULES
1.     Put the award logo/image on your blog  
2.     List the rules.
3.     Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4.     Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5.     Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6.     You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
7.     Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8.     Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9.     Share a link to your best post(s)

Notes: 
I did 1 with a JPG version as PNG tends to cause issues on blogger.
Due to my computer issues of the past few days, I cannot currently comment on each of the selected blogs but I tag all in twitter 


3 things about me :
I'll say even 8 of them: I’m a 42 year old French vegan non-binary man, tri-lingual, geek and mental health advocate.
My 5 answers to Ella’s questions…
1.     Why do you blog? As a tool of self expression, as a pense-bête due to bad memory, and to raise awareness. More details here. 
2.     Would you ever vlog and why/ why not? If you do, do you prefer blogging or vlogging? I am too paranoid about vlogging, having my face visible for all to see, especially my father (my abuser) and all those who follow him. I probably still wouldn't do it if I managed somehow to get passed this, as I'm also very self conscious about my voice. 
3.     What is your favourite quote, motto or mantra? As a trekkie "live long and prosper", also far too many others Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, feminist, atheist, humanist, geek and recovery-oriented to quote any more in one entry. Maybe I'll follow Ella's example and post regular quotes. 
4.     What drives you most in the world? I want to spread kindness, compassion, understanding, knowledge and to better the world in any limited fashion that I can. 
5.     Would you rather live for less time, yet never experience loss and grief or live for longer and outlive the one you love the most? Most of humanity have been asking this very question for as long as we can know. Since suffering and pain, grief and loss are part of all life, I'd just rather live my life with some happiness, joy, growth, healing, love and friendships to counter-balance these unavoidable aspects. We are both tiny and big, aren't we ? (let's go philosophical to the measure of this question).

My 5 questions for my nominees are…

  1. If you could remain yourself and be in a fictional universe, which would it be?
  2. If you could, on the other hand, become a fictional character in any given fictional universe, which would you be ? 
  3. When you read books, do you have preferences ? (eg classics, modern, crime, romance, fantasy, scifi, an author? short or long ? text or must have illustratiion, etc) 
  4. When you read books, watch movies and shows, do you like to find their messages (philosophical, sociopolitical, symbolism, etc) 
  5. Is quality of adaptation from one form to another important for you (novel/s to show/movie, or other way around) or do you see each piece as its own universe?
For example, here are my own replies


  1. Living on Earth in Star Trek universe at the end of the current timeline would be pretty nice : no need for money, good medicine, long lifespan, better politics
  2. I'd love to be an Istari or an Elf from LOTR, either long or immortal life, and magical powers. However, in scifi setting, I'd be a Q! (TNG) 
  3. My preferences in books are classics, fantasy & scifi 
  4. Yes  Ido love to read between the lines for symbolism, and sociopolitical comments, though sometimes it's also nice not to have to think too much when am tired, 
  5. I prefer closer adaptations than loose.  In rare cases, I may prefer a movie if the book is boring and would think them in different interpretations or realities. 


I want to nominate the following bloggers and vloggers to reply these questions (links are to twitter profiles, and then relevant b or v-logs): 
Andrea Wade > blog
Becky - blog 
Bexa > blog
Beth (miss anxiety) > youtube 
Cara Lisette > blog
Cerian Jenkins >blog
Eleonore >blog
Hannah >blog
Hannah Rainey > blog
Janie blog
Jodie> blog
Katie Connibear > blog
Meagan >blog
Meg > blog
Melissa Boyle  > blog 
Nicole Williams > blog
Rachel > blog
Sophie Harrison > blog
Stacey Barber > blog
Zoe Alicia > blog



I consider my 2 last entries to be rather good, about coping, both adaptive maladaptive, which form a duo. 

It's your turn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments