Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 27 November 2017

298 - CBT2017-25 and exposures Nov 6-27



Today was the 25th, and very last CBT session for social phobia. I talked about my exposures of the past 3 weeks and overall progress thanks to the previous 24 sessions, and upcoming solo work for my social exposures, as well as preparations for the next stage of CBT - which will be for emeto and 3 other phobias. 

Instead of noting daily my various trips for official, medical or shopping errands, which became a lot more natural for me, even in rush hour, I noted only the toughest social meetings, which weren't many these past 3 weeks. 

Namely, the carnets de voyage art exhibit, detailed here, which I had never done before and thought to cancel, up to the very last moment of going. 

There, we met one of our best local friends, who came with one of his own besties, that I had met only once before, in passing, in a big group, and hadn't interacted with. As my wife had told me she had met this person on a few occasions and that she was nice and friendly, I extended an invitation for a vegan potlouck non-thansgiving gathering, with these two and another friend, and which took place last night, with 0 social anxiety. 
I enjoyed the company, the food, and the rami 500 card-game we played, as well as the laughs, and general interactions we had all evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments