Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Thursday 23 November 2017

297 - Dermatofibroma part 4


From the title of this entry, you know the topic. It's the third chapter in my Dermatofibroma, as the first was last month's surgery where half of it was taken and sent to a lab ; the second was the stitches retrieval which was really tough.
The third was lab's answer was an inconclusive testing, requesting that I fix another appointment to get the rest of it out, and this brings us to today. 


But, leading to this, last night I was super anxious about this, even though I knew what to expect. I slept horribly after an emeto-trigger and full of anxiety, I just couldn't sleep well. 

Once in the office, I experienced two extremely painful moments ; one during the anaesthesia and another a short while later. However, as the dermatologist allowed my wife to be present again, both she and he distracted me. He made some jokes, enquired as to my pain levels and asked what was new. I said we were going to the movies in December and this brought on a small conversation around Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and passed the time till he was done stitching me. 

Every medical procedure for me is an ordeal. Therefore, each time, it's a sort of bravery for me to go.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder makes it really tough to deal with anything, even days before. I may research for basic anti-anxiety medication to take on such extreme days, but will also continue my quest for natural remedies for the more manageable anxiety sources, to avoid having to rely solely on pills on daily basis. 

I still hate the fact that I had to go twice but I know it was necessary to rule out anything worse than a basic dermatofibroma, and the only way is to take it out and send to the lab. 

I requested that he sees me for the stitches this time around, and to give me a local anaesthesia, as the pain from at the nurse's was unbearable and that I'd started to faint. So, hopefully, this will all be done on 12/12 afternoon. 

Today has been tough ; coming home, I ate breakfast and was so exhausted from all these anxious feelings and lack of sleep, that I took a morning nap and haven't been able to become fully awake, ever, during this entire day. 
I've been slow, and low functioning day, but that's ok. The next few days shall bring about a bit of rest, despite of busy times.

With the night, those electrical jolts that tend to start days after, have already started. I feel them making me jump and give me tremendous pain at moments, but the worse is yet to come, between now and next week, and then after the stitches.

I hope this time around, my healing will be swifter, as am tired of all this series of medical procedures, and still have to go for a blood work to check my B12. Swell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments