Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 31 October 2017

286- blogtober conclusions


October is ending in a few minutes. It's also the end of #blogtober challenge, and for this occasion, I'd like to share my thoughts and what I've learned from this experience.




  1. Contrary to the previous full-month challenge in March, discovered only a day ahead ; I learned about this one a whole week early, which gave me time to prepare drafts in advance, scheduling them more or less for a daily publication
  2. Also contrary to all challenges I've tried thus far, this one had no announced prompts. 
  3. This helped me to create my own content, with more liberty.
  4. As topics weren't specified and previous challenges were all linked to mental health, I wanted to follow this challenge in a different way : I used all my 5 different blogs to vary my subjects 
  5. This allowed me to grow my smaller and younger blogs' content 
  6. There were a few days where I'd already posted an entry, only to have something else to say. I posted up to 4 entries on some days this month, thus I have more than 31.
  7. This is the only challenge thus far that I completed, with at least one daily entry. I managed only 22 entries in March - as I was uninspired by some of the prompts and had been delayed on several occasions 
  8. October isn't the best month for me to follow challenges. Indeed, it tends to be very busy with social events with friends and birthday parties. 
  9. Therefore, despite a 7-day margin at the start, I only had 2 towards the end. 
  10. It was also a lot more work for me to invent topics, edit photos for the photo blog, which allowed me to have more time to wait for my inspiration to bring words for other entries in the other blogs. 
  11. I prepared more entries for the 2 newest blogs, Gamer and Photography, and still struggling to create content for the Music blog, a whole year older. 
  12. I now know that where to concentrate my efforts in order to expand that blog
  13. I know that during such a challenge, it's hard for me to both compose and read other blogs. On the one hand, I lack some time/energy, and on the other, I don't want to be influenced and accidentally steal material, so I tend to read after the challenge. 
  14. I was also delayed in reading books, which you'll see on my November to be read entry
Let me now share the links to this challenge's posts on each blog, with its category and name, starting with this present one, and I'll announce the total number of entries per blog in parenthesis. 

Mental health = Lulupetals (this conclusion is the 13th)
Music Reviews = Music garden (3) I really must expand this blog! 
Games reviews = Lulu Gamer (5) 
All other reviews (books, movies, shows) = Media garden  (10) 
Lastly Photography  (13) 

Grand total : 31 days, 44 posts! 

Here's an image to show each of these blogs and the dates I posted on each of them. (X number of posts when more than 1).

Totals on bottom line 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments