Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 22 October 2017

283- A mentor



A mentor/teacher is the topic of 52weekgratitude's 43rd week that starts today. 
First, I want to mention that I only use the image and meme quoting a wisdom by Mr Spock our of respect, and that I upon research, it seems to fall under the fair use principle. If I'm mistaken and asked to remove, I shall do it. 



My biggest mentor have been Mr Spock, for those who don't know (???), the first half-Vulcan in Star Trek. I always wished he was my real father. I learned to remain combative, despite some difficult moments when I wanted to give up. As his quote, I wanted my life circumstances to change and stop being that stable horrendous life that I was in ; as an adult, I want to recover from my mental illnesses as much as possible, and thus not get stuck in the rut. 

I also learned to integrate opposites in my personality, just like his double origins are human and Vulcan. Lastly, the sens of logic, but I remain a hypersensitive guy who had to learn to express emotions and to accept instead of repressing, though I sometimes still do it as part of self-protection and in other times, automatically do so when I experience emotional numbing, or dissociation, both of which are results of my cptsd's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments