Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Friday 6 October 2017

275- A-Z's of things that make me happy or smile




Expanding on post 202 and taking inspiration of the A-Z of self-care (itself inspired by Meg's ), here's the A to Z's of things that make me happy! 

Before I get into the list, I thank my friend Beth for brain storming words for 3 letters with which I was struggling. 



Beautiful Art. 





In example, my favorite art style ! I fell in love with it many years ago, as I worked in a library. 
Accomplishing things that I couldn't before (any activity, including those I don't do due to phobias) 

Blogging. I do have 5 anglophone blogs and 2 additional in French, don't I? 
Beethoven's 4 & 5th symphonies usually get me happy.  Here's the first movement of his 5th as an example. 

Chatting with friends. 

Carbs!  You name them, they are there, like these! (all vegan btw!) 


Cute Dogs wagging their tails and playing with anything.  


Exploring new places on those rare times I can muster my courage to get out of comfort zones
Funny animals or rare funny people ; 


looking at beautiful Flowers ;



















Fantasy, such as Tokien's LOTR, and many others, in books or movies, or art 



Gardening with my mum or Growing sprouts at home 

Hiking in nature but also staying at Home 

the Internet for connecting with others, researching news, discovering new music, and so on!

July, which tends to be hot and a drier month, nice for going outdoors!

Knowledge is an essential part of my life, and it makes me happy to both know things, and not know others, as I also love...

... Learning new things ! 

Music : upbeat, drums, electronic, pop, rock and oriental types tend to bring happier feelings than some sad ballads. 

Art Nouveau, my favorite art style, as shown far above.

Shopping Online for any good deals on cultural products which I cannot find in local stores (saves time & staying in long lines, as well!) 

Philosophical debates and meaningful conversations. Digital Photography. Peace and...  
...Quiet 

Reading good books 

warm, Sunny days ; Watching Star trek & SciFi in general. 



My fav is DS9! 















spending Time with Friends

Being Under the blankets when it's cold 

Vegan meals, especially pizza and anything with dough. Shared meals with those I love. 

My Wife, her jokes, her cooking put a smile in my belly, her Russian accent, or phrases that start with ''you smell like....'' (it's usually some food). 

eXhibits in museums.  

Yehuda Poliker, my favorite singer & songwriter! As you can read on my music blog

Comfort Zones when I cannot challenge them 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments