Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Saturday 22 July 2017

261- Angela's self-love tag

Angela,  creator of mhchathour, made this self-love tag. Both she and our mutual friend Eleanor tagged me, so I reply to both in the same time. But, first, Angela's post, and Eleonore's here


1. What is the one thing getting you down at the moment? 
Feelings of always being late in achieving anything in my life; I fear not finishing or being good enough, so why bother even starting new projects?  This is quite the challenge for me

2. What is something that makes you happy? 
I’m working on a fuller list for a new blog post, but as I’m having composition difficulties, I’ll direct you to an earlier post about the topic.Update, here's the a-z list I made after. 

3. Name 3 guilty pleasures
A) Listening to some of 1990’s Eurodance songs which have no real meaning, but I do it as I love the beats.
B)Watching b-movies such as Arabian adventure & Jack the giant killer from the 1960’s – I know they aren’t very good films, but I grew up watching them as a kid, on an good old VHS that my grandfather had recorded to fit both movies on one tape. I have lots of fond memories of that.
C) In similar fashion, having seen Melrose place, not a great show in any standard, but entertaining nonetheless, though the last couple seasons dragged the show

4. What one thing would you like to improve about yourself? 
My self-confidence and responses to fear, and anxiety

5. When was the last time you belly laughed? 
Some of the best scenes in Friends that we re-watched recently had such moments.  

6. What is your biggest insecurity/fear? 
Biggest insecurity is that am not good enough in anything, and fears are numerous. The worst is to experience something that causes me to lose my positive personality traits out of amnesia or going mad. Here's a list of more fears

7. Name a song that always cheers you up 
Upbeat tempo songs usually do the trick, the list would be too long

8. Name 3 things you like about yourself
My sensitivity, communion with nature, and my ethics, such as it 
has been detailed in these posts:  Cortnee's 7 days posi challenge,  again in 52weekgratitude, and here in 30dayblogchallenge .

 9. What is an achievement that has made you proud of yourself this year? 
Regularity in blogging and finally reaching some level of recovery that allows me to socialize more*, and finding tools to better deal with my cptsd
(* read my posts about exposures

10. Tell us your happiest memory 
My wedding day, about which I also blogged some time ago

Tag :

What do you to practice self- love? As I suffer from a lot of self-esteem issues, I try to rebuild them from scratch, and use any achievement I reach, as well as compliments I receive, to boost my confidence.

I try to be mindful of my past, but to use it as a lesson in my present and hopefully, to grow and create the future – which are all very difficult tasks when you have cptsd and a GAD combined into ruminations of the past, and struck in the present, out of fears of the future, near or far.

I try to also build my self-compassion, being kinder and cutting myself some slack, in the same manner I do towards friends who suffer from mental illnesses and who struggle with the same issues of self-worth as I do: I try to be that friend of my own inner-self. This is also a bit of a task and not always easy to do, but I’m aware of the necessity to make it so.

Lastly, I try to practice many ways of self-care.  

  What are your answers to the above questions? 

I tag : 
Anyone who reads and wants to do blog or vlog about this ? That way, I don't forget anyone in the process. 

But, I'd like to still tag Kay who created this is what a person with mental illness looks like ; 
Nicole, creator of beautiful minds magazine ; 
Hannah Rainey creator of talkmh, Megan creator of  posimh ;
Beth "miss anxiety"  ; 
Meg be kind to your mind ; 
Fiona, as you loves to blog, you may like this tag ; 


I'd like to say that I just cannot name everyone, so feel free to do this tag if you wish.
I'm curious to know your own replies, and so, I look forward reading your posts or listening to vlogs 


If you need the questions for easy copy-pasting, here they are 

1. What is the one thing getting you down at the moment? 
2. What is something that makes you happy? 
3. Name 3 guilty pleasures
4. What one thing would you like to improve about yourself?
5. When was the last time you belly laughed 
6. What is your biggest insecurity/fear? 
7. Name a song that always cheers you up 
8. Name 3 things you like about yourself
 9. What is an achievement that has made you proud of yourself this year? 
10. Tell us your happiest memory 

Tag :


 What are your answers to the above questions? 

What do you do to practice self-love ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments