Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Thursday 1 June 2017

247 - Komputer-Welt

Computers can be costly, and need to be more environmentally friendly ; I hope companies will get there. but, in the meantime, computers offer ways of storing information, typing journals or books, and with the internet we can also add messages for oneself or to share with others. 


For week 22 of 52weekgratitude challenge, I'll discuss something I use basically every day : my computer, and the web that links me to other people. 

I am grateful for computers and the web. though I started late in my life, I have used them for almost two decades by now and have met many friends - some of which still last some years later - and most notably my best friend who became my wife back in 2005. 

I used them to store my digital photography, which either portray some of my happiest life memories, or of artistic expression through nature photography. 

I store document files for blog or forum entries and love sending emails after I type their drafts in a file to avoid losing my text. 

Sometimes, I dabble in artistic endeavours, editing some photos or turning them into ecards to support or wish friends happy birthday. 

I love that there are support groups for host of societal issues or mental health as well as forums and groups for any number of my hobbies and intellectual pursuits. 

I play some video games on an older computer, or use my current one listen to music, vlogs and documentary videos, widening knowledge and horizons, all at the tip of my fingers. As long as I balance it out with meeting people in person and not letting these become isolating, computers are great - especially for those days my social phobias or bad weather prevent from going out, I can at least remain in touch and talk with someone online. 

Beyond receiving support, I especially love giving it to others and in the past few months have developed new friendships with people that I met in the mental health community - people that I would never meet in person if it hadn't been for a computer hooked to the internet. 

Though I don't use it systematically every day, it's not that far from it. I have learned a lot of new things over the years and happy to call some wonderfully generous people my friends, both locally such as the vegan group we met in person or those from further away across the channel or the oceans. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments