Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 14 May 2017

240 - 52 weeks of gratitude - Week 20 - A friend (2)

In post 177, I had discussed my friend Anna, who has been my most regular reader (in the French version of this MH blog). For week 20 of this challenge, I chose 2 other friends who are a Jean-Louis* and his sister Claire* (the names have been changed). 

When I came back to my home-country, they had already started a friendship with my mum and grandma, but over the years our interactions became more frequent and in the past decade ever since I got married, both Jean-Louis & Claire have been in regular contact and we learned to appreciate one another's cultural backgrounds and deepened our friendship and had very interesting discussions as well as heartfelt confiding. 

In the past 5 or so years, we mutually supported one another and both of us consider the both of them as part of our extended family, and for their friendship, I am very grateful. 

Thank you for the talks, for the movies and meals we shared, and for all those trips of leisure or necessity that you had drove us around, Jean-Louis. 

Post 21 shall be about my favorite season : Summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments