Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Wednesday 3 May 2017

236- ptsd relief, burnout, and general fatigue


You may have noticed that after following two thirds of B's #30dayblogchallenge in March, my regularity in April dropped rapidly and that I posted only 13 entries in 9 days spread throughout the month. 

Indeed, thanks to the challenge, my overall posts in March broke all records in regularity and I hit my highest number of entries in a month : 34. I felt quite accomplished with this. 


Also, for 3 weeks prior to a cptsd anniversary, I remained very active and worked really hard to focus on positives, and won a serious battle by having a good day instead of the usual flashbacks, depression and propensity for accidents on said anniversary. 

I had posted my tools for ptsd relief  but soon after that, my concentration and energy burnt-out and ever since, my psychological and physical energies have been at their lowest. I'v been running so many errands but my general fatigue has been so powerful that I couldn't find inspiration nor energy to do much more. 

My exhaustion prevented me from more blogging, and I had to reduce my interactions with friends, both on and offline. 

Yesterday, it hit me so strongly, that after my CBT session, I napped for 4 hours, and after dinner I barely managed to chat with 2 friends over twitter before washing half the dishes, stayed a bit more on the PC and headed to bed earlier than usual. 

All this put together, I find it important to take things easy, to reduce my level of activity and to hope to resurface and enjoy upcoming nicer and warmer days. I need to go hike asap and replenish my in nature. 

I hope to find milder ways  to work in reassigning a ptsd anniversary or just more basic work to recover from it in daily life, so I don't burn out so much. 

Recovery isn't a straight line, and we all need to be patient with ourselves.  It's ok to not be ok, and it's better to recover, heal and move from surviving to thriving (as per 2017 mental health week's topic, starting May 8th and about which I hope to get a blog post or two). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments