Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Friday 7 April 2017

225- CBT2017-18



Coming closer to the end of social phobia CBT, I had my 18th session just a few days ago (3rd of April).

I got behind in blogging about it, but it's not very important to always post the same day. 

My session was positive, after I discussed all my last few exposures, especially staying in the parc for 2 hours and attending a birthday party, both out of my comfort zone, and which I felt as successes. 

My therapist confirmed my suspicions regrading my difficulties in defining the automatic thoughts behind my social anxieties being due to my dissociative episode.
Despite this, my therapist and I have devised a series of exposures since last June, and they have been instrumental in helping me to refine my social skills in gradually incremental levels of difficulty, from session to session, spaced usually by 2-4 weeks and which have been a great pace for my needs. 


Over the course of this CBT, my trust and interaction with my therapist have also been important factors to my success and growing confidence with the tasks am learning to achieve.

I have a whole month until the 19th session which will be on 2nd of May, and for which my tasks are the same as the entire past few months! I need to practice, practice, and practice some more, everything that I've learned thus far, with an emphasis on avoiding avoidance. 

For this, I need to go out on exposures more often, and work extra on accepting and extended invitations, continue actively answering and giving compliments, proposing and asking for help, shake hands and introduce myself in every opportunity that either finds me, or that I create. 

All these are at about level 90/100 anxiety for me, and this is why I have to hon my skills before I go to the next level. 

Until next time, thanx for your time and having read me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments