Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Wednesday 22 March 2017

215- #xpo173challenge days 19 onwards



Today is March 21st, already. The past few days, I'd lost my inspiration and became quite busy offline, so my expo challenge blog post took a backseat, even further than other posts. 

My exposures got a bit blurred for shopping days, but apart for those on 


  • March 18 stayed 40 minutes in line to geek con, that I doubted I could enter this year. Indeed, I didn't feel ready to face the masses that were in line, within an even more confined space. Another issue is the loud, booming music played during that wait. That and my anxiety gave me nausea and I had to retreat back home. Hopefully, next year,  with my additional exposures between now and then - and the end of my CBT - I'll have more tools and learn to deal with such venues. 
  • March 17 mall for an hour & half . walked to bank, then read 75 mns in park & finally supermarket. The park was a challenge because a lot of people passed by, some sat rather close to me, and I did my best to concentrate on the book, blocking away the sounds of their conversations and music playing. All considered, I was rather happy with my success, as I lifted my eyes very few times - fewer than my previous visits in the park. 
  • March 13  : 17th CBT session, requiring my usual double waiting - admissions and then in hallway for my therapist to arrive. Some weeks I see almost no one, but past couple sessions, I had a lot of foot traffic, and a lot of anxieties as a result. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments