Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Thursday 16 March 2017

212 - Fondest childhood memories




Day 14 in ##30dayblogchallenge : fondest childhood memory.

In spite of trauma-filled childhood, I do have some fond memories :

Visiting my grandparents meant certain freedoms I didn't normally have, opening a host of possibilities, from listening to music, watching TV, going in and out as I pleased. I loved just walking and letting my feet lead me, an adventure that my grandfather had taught me to appreciate. I had discovered many portions of the city, the beach, corners I could just sit, relaxing and take-in the fresh air. 


This sense of adventure, mixed with the need to escape my daily routines and difficulties at home, inspired me to have alone time in the mountains, after school. I had to pretend my classes and then buses were late, basing my lies on facts but exaggerating them.

After I had won a lottery scratching ticket, I bought some binoculars, with which I would bird-watch, both during my mountain hikes but also during school recess (UK : playtime). 
I have many fond memories watching, counting birds and eventually learning about them from books I bought in secret. Ahhhh, the fond memories .

Introduction to the challenge setup by  & her original blogposts
Day 15 : something I miss 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments