Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 14 March 2017

207- My families


I'll have to be rather vague with this post. It's day 11 of #30dayblogchallenge : my family, or families.


I remember two siblings in my earlier youth, to which several others followed quite a few years later. As time passed, both of the earlier siblings left home and I found out why - they were from previous relationships my stepmother had, with two other men before she married my dad. 

Both of these siblings were highly disturbed and didn't accept their stepfather's authority, nor his religious cult upbringing, and so, he sent them away - to avoid growing dissent, by the shear example of their rebellion. I'll call them A and B. 

Out of all the children my father himself had and which are my half siblings, I was the only one to suffer physical and psychological abuse, and he luckily left them alone on that level - though we were all under his thumb and strict upbringing.

I don't know how much of the domestic violence my siblings witnessed and how they might have been marked by it. I only know that they must have some scars from their strict lifestyle, though to a much lesser degree than I had to endure. I'm both a bit jealous that they could pursue some dreams with no hindrance where I couldn't, but also and mostly relieved for them.

I miss them, but there is nothing I can do right now and just like with my paternal grandfather, have to accept this limitation. 

When I came of age, I spent less time at home, and was sent to help the disciples, and eventually moved in with them. 

Later on, I left all that behind, and came back to my native country, reuniting with my maternal family that I hadn't seen for over a decade. (many other posts mention this). 

At first, I kept in touch with my paternal side of the tree, but I cut all those branches away some years ago. 

My maternal side is rather small, after several family members passed away.


I'm not in touch with the vast majority of this part of the family tree - for various reasons. We just don't mesh.

My last family is built with my wife, with whom I moved away from my mother's and then cut ties with my paternal family altogether. 
This family with my wife won't grow into children, apart for the fury kind that we adopted sometimes.

Introduction to the challenge setup by  & her original blogposts
Day 12 : recurring or memorable dreams







No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments