Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 12 March 2017

203- Dream home



#30dayblogchallenge  Day 10 : my dream home ? 


I have never really formulated what my dream home would be, only outlines of things that I needed or would wish improvements on our current apartment. 

So, let's go, first with improvements, right after you click on > 


  • Taller sinks! Indeed, I'm rather tall (though I've shrank a bit due to scoliosis and bad posture), I'm still taller than most French people and as such, suffer at all sinks built in our country. Washing hands, brushing teeth, or washing dishes, are all activities that could be greatly helped with taller sinks. 
  • Better ventilation system : our apartment vents are way too high, difficult to access above the tub, WC and on top of a wall in the kitchen - left from the sink, and the only space that was left to set our dishes to dry. Thus, cleaning those stupid vents have always been a bane. They needed to be lower, and not have those clipping systems in them, nor require such an intense cleaning regimen to avoid built-up, that is further worsened on ground level, receiving the waste of the entire building. 
  • We would definitely also have range hood, to avoid all those cooking oils to stick to the walls and ceiling. 
  • WC & bathroom would be more spacious. WC would have a sink to wash hands - that would have automatic detectors so to avoid touching the faucet. 
  • There would be cupboards to sort things into & extra space so I don't bump my long legs into the door & wall. 
  • The WC would be self-cleaning. (does it exist??) 

Our home would be bigger, so we could have space to store items for our individual & mutual hobbies and activities.
There would be proper place, rooms, beds and seats, to receive friends over more easily.

Our home would be cozy, have themed decoration like the one we started (blacks, greys, science-fiction and fantasy based art and knickknacks). 

It would be close enough to a big city for my wife to be happier with cultural access and more people, but also be in a small enough city for my needs - from those concerning my social anxieties, but still have access to organic and basic grocery stores, be far away from any of the kinds that I don't want to see (either as a vegan or as a sensitive person), libraries, postal office and other commodities of modern life.

We'd have green energy sources right there.... 

I'd love to have a garden and quick access to nature. 

Our home would be a dual project between the two of us, cozy and to our mutual needs.

Day 11 of this challenge shall be about family...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments