Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 5 March 2017

194- 52 Weeks of gratitude - Week 10 - List 5 things you like about yourself

Already 10th week of this challenge, this time is about self-love, in the sense that it's time to list 5 things I like about myself. 

I just re-posted 3 of those things in post 192, in turn copied from post 84. As I have quite a bit on my blogging plate, I'll do that once more, and then expand. 


  1. When asked, I always put on top of the things I like about myself what I consider my best quality : my sensitivity. It defines who I am, probably more than anything else. It defines some of my Life philosophies, such as compassion and non-violence, practicing Ahimsa,  being a vegan, as well as my kindness to others and my will to help. It might sometimes be detrimental when I let others abuse me, or prevent me from watching certain gory violent shows and movies that I would otherwise enjoy (for their stories and drama for instance) but I think overall, the balance tilts towards a strength rather than a weakness.
  2. I love my communion with nature, Mother Earth. We are part of one another, and I have a deep need to hike and tree-hug. 
  3. My convictions, share with my sensitivity the nucleolus or Core of my life philosophy. 
  4. I love the passion I'v grown over the years towards topics and social issues that I strongly believe in, from compassion already in point 1, but also universal rights, which for me means both animal and human rights - the right to live being the first of these. From this, stem all other branches, such as feminism, education and so forth. 
  5. I love my coming-out-of-the-shell evolution of the past year : after a lifetime of silence, I've become a mental health activist, openly talking about my various struggles and achievements, not only with close friends but also strangers who then either remain strangers, or more recently, become closer and closer - people I can start calling friends after we have supported one another for some time. 
Week 11 to be posted Sunday 12 : Someone who inspires me. That will be very tough. Too many people inspire me.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments