Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Saturday 4 March 2017

193- Where would I want to be in 10 years?


Like a telescope peering in the depths of the sky,  let me try to peer into my distant future : where would I want to be in 10 years is such a vast question. Like B, I'll reply what I'd like to see during the entire course, and not only the destination of that 10 year vantage point, but the path to it. 


This is day 3 of B's #30dayblogchallenge and my answers are :

  • First and foremost, I want my life to continue changing for the better ; learning to be happier, finding more inner peace, and recover from my various traumatic wounds
  • second, closely related : to manage my anxieties better, so I can :
  • get on with my professional life, re-building a career in a new satisfying path that I need to confirm 
  • Part of being happier is also to maintain and improve anything that can be in regards to my private life (about which I won't go into details)
  • During the next 10 years, with my ongoing therapies and recovery, to travel more, with my wife who have wished me to come to many places with her and that I couldn't often agree to, due to my anxieties. Once those are dealt with, I'd like to travel with her, and to also go meet new friends I made
  • I'd love to finally attend concerts - I never been to any, again due to anxieties, though I love music.  
There could be many more such goals but I'll stop here because I'm quite late in my blogging - it's great that I can backdate to cheat a bit on when I composed this entry (which is almost 8 PM on March 4th, a day late). 

More about this challenge in my intro that will send you to B's original blog



2 comments:

  1. Due to mental illness, I struggle to look to the future a lot, let alone decide what I want to do with it. You inspire me to be a better version of myself and to find the optimism and strength to look into the future and create plans and have the determination to reach my goals. Thank you!

    Meg
    bekindtoyourmind.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm glad that I can inspire you - I share that difficulty, I tend to be pessimistic but learned also that great things do happen. If I'd given in during my teen, I wouldn't be here to talk about any of it, yet imagine a better future and it's only hope that I was given that drove me to conceive it.
    Now that I've made some progress with my social phobias, and working on my self-care, I learned that I can make it, and I shall, I must.

    I strive for recovery and improvements in life conditions, and I'm sure you will also reach that, because you're also a survivor, a strong person that I came to appreciate in the past few weeks and know those aspects of you by now.

    I believe in you!

    Never give up, always fight your way, and rely on my friendship and support.

    ReplyDelete

Recent comments