Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 22 January 2017

164- 52 weeks of gratitude - Week 4 - A family member

Week 4 in the 52 weeks of gratitude challenge regards a family member - a logical continuation from week 3 which is was about family. 

I am most thankful to my paternal grandfather, about whom I've been thinking a lot in the past few months. (read post 107 for instance). 



Without his intervention (albeit limited as he couldn't really save me), by telling me the truth about my real mother, still living in my home country, sparking my hope to find and reunite with her have played a major part in keeping me alive and expecting the positive change that might one day occur (and it has indeed).

He also was the one to fuel my curiosity and to question things, never settle for lies but seek the truth - for his acts and words, for the courage he gave me to fight and rebel my religious cult upbringing and against his own son, what was probably a terribly difficult challenge it must have been for him, I shall always be grateful to my grandfather, the first man with whom I could talk about anything and feel safer. 

Week 5 shall be about something someone gave me, to be posted on weekend of 22/01.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments