Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 17 January 2017

163 - #365daysofselfcare (January 2017)

Second challenge of 2017, I now start #365daysofselfcare. Indeed, I had been slacking my self-care way too much lately. To avoid growing my blog entries count to huge numbers way too fast for short posts, I decided to make monthly entries sharing the same heading, which means that this first shall be shorter, covering only two weeks of this month. 

The blog entries shall be a bit more detailed than their twitter counterparts, and I'll direct all my followers there to read the rest here.



17/01/17 = day 1.  I made a great potato and root vegetable soup for lunch. 
 irst shave of the year. I couldn't shave for 3 weeks, starting mid-December as I had a hematoma in a finger, which prevented me gripping the blade properly. Only could trim, so today, first shave. Also did my first facial clay mask of the year. The evident resulting shower was barely tepid, but felt renewing. I changed into my prettiest floral decorated shirt and sweater. 

18/01/17 = day 2. Most of the day was geared to having me time, watching shows, reading a book, and updating my blogs. Before bedtime, I paid extra attention to washing my face, moisturizing and brushing my hair.  

19/01/2017= Day 3. I've painted my fingernails. I did the left hand, and asked my wife to help with the right as I'm not yet too skilled with this task. Each hand has 3 red, and 2 black nails.
Before bed, I once again took greater care of my face wash, moisturizing and brushing my hair.

20/01/2017= Day 4.  I spent most of the day shopping with my aunt, either to help her, or to get a few things we needed for the kitchen, so my self-care has been rather minimal : I continued the facial care both morning and evening with greatest care than most days, but nothing more.

21/01 = Day 5. As I was really tired from yesterday's shopping, I slept in and got up at 12:15 PM, washing my face with the same diligence as previous days. 
I chatted with a new friend that I met only days ago on twitter (also a mental heath blogger) ; I ate nice meals and a desert (soy yogurt with jam) and continue my bedtime cleansing routine + while adding almond oil on a small cut on my hand. 

22= Day 6. I seem stuck doing the same routines on morning and evening, which is already ok. Now, as a change to the day, I caught up with one of my closest friends I hadn't chatted with for a week & a half, as well as exchanging messages with additional friends over twitter. 
Also fed my inner child by watching Monsters Inc and laughing - much needed. 

23= Day 7. Finally get slightly out of my stuck morning & evening cleansing routines (which I continue), this morning I had 15 minutes stretching, first exercise in months. My body felt like 41,000 years old, full of crackling bones, but I finally renewed with physical stretching. Hope to do better by end of the week - gotta be gradual.  
Addendum : upon returning from grocery shopping, I pressed myself triple citrus juice (half a pomelo, half a lemon, 1 clementine). Was too tart, added equal amount water, and then 1 & half teaspoon sugar. 

24= Day 8. Was emotionally really difficult to deal with. See posts 165-166. So, my self-care was limited to showering, and cleaning the apartment (post 165 will explain). 

25= Day 9. Due to major lower-back pains, I couldn't do my stretches. I had another triple citrus juice (see day 7). Still recovering from day 8's cyclothymic depressive episode. 
Chatted with friends. Listened to music, read a book and updated this blog. 

26 through 29 have been so busy, that my self-care suffered greatly. the only things I did were the usual cleansing, showers & meals so I think tomorrow I'm going to count as day 10. 

30= Day 10. Bought a new and beautifully decorated umbrella, made a yummy dinner (steaed potatoes & carrots, with spinach based sauce). 
Morning & Evening cleansing routines.

31= Day 11. 
Morning : newest attempt at stretching. I managed 6 minutes with my painful lower back. Will do better in a day or two. 
First major food shopping - veggies and fruits that we couldn't get for 2 weeks of cold weather and difficult conditions. 
Harvested mung sprouts that I grew since 22nd (January, off course). 
Usual cleansing routines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments