Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 15 January 2017

161- 52 weeks of gratitude - Week 3 : Family




First challenge I participate in 2017 is this weekly post of gratitude which I had started late on the 10th of this month. Now finally on-time, I announce Sunday 0:00 UTC as the posting hour of my entries in this challenge. 



Week 3 is family ; since I have cut ties with my paternal side of it, and am in limited contact with members of my maternal side, I will therefore direct this week's post as a reminiscence of the role a few open-heart talks with my aunt last year, that had helped improve our relationship for the first time in 2 decades of mutual misunderstandings due to lack of direct communication as we used to talk through other people before. 

I am grateful that we managed to break away from this dysfunctional communication and more generally that I actually have a portion of my family that I can see.

I add to this that I am equally grateful for some of my wife's family members (uncle & aunt, and cousions) who have been very kind this past summer by inviting us to share a few days with them in Paris, and more recently sent a few Christmas gifts that I found quite touching. 
Another cousin came to visit us over Christmas itself, and albeit disruptive due to a late arrival, I am still thankful for his stopover. 

It's good to feel like part of a family. 

If you want to join this challenge, here's the complete breakdown of the weekly topics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments