Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Thursday 29 December 2016

154 - Art : from art, to art therapy (5) - 2016 (2)



After a few months with very little art making, I resumed by helping my wife with decorations for Halloween (I still haven't been able to locate the photos), and then, Christmas cards for two friends. 

They are therapy only in the sense that I use them not only to entertain my friendships, but, also, to practice my skills and improve.







With my wife's help, I learned basic geometry figures as a guide for more shapes I was having difficulties getting right, such as this tree, which I sketched a good dozen times before making itself (pencil and pen sketching), and painted it with a watercolor pen - finishing the card with 2 stamps on top and bottom before writing my content inside (where I added a small stamp but didn't scan)




Then, I was wounded in my dominant hand and couldn't sketch nor paint. Instead, my second card was a series of stamps and collage, again with my wife's help.

She gave me some decorative paper and helped with the few fiddly tasks I couldn't do, as well as improving the composition I couldn't come up with. 















Both friends liked their cards and proved once more than a card doesn't need to be very complex and that I can use my current skills and hope for improvement as I practice different tools and designs.

More to come in 2017... I must ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments