Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 5 September 2016

137 - Electrified nerve endings...

(note, these feet aren't mine, I didn't want to shock anyone with a photo of my stitches from last year)


In July 2015, I had undergone a small surgical operation. The dermatologist thought it was best to operate on a slightly suspicious moll at the bottom of my foot which had changed color and grew a bit and had been hurting me periodically, like stinging needles. 




That surgery itself is now far in the past... He had said that my nerve endings should need 2-3 months to heal, but several months later as I still had pains, even after the stitches were long gone, I had seen him again and he thought the skin was healing well. 

He further said at that point that it's not uncommon that the nerve endings may require longer than 3 months (it had been over 6). I think he just didn't want to scare me because he knew I was extra sensitive (he had allowed me to listen to music during the procedure itself, which was great). 

I had read, before that appointment, that it could actually take up to a year... It had indeed remained with me for just over 12 months, though I can say that the last couple months the pain had reduced somewhat, and those electric shocks in my feet didn't come as often anymore.

They completely stopped 3 or so weeks ago... and I thought I was all done with them... However, tonight I had a massive, sharp pain in the same place. That pain lasted a few minutes, and made me a bit dizzy. My wife brought me an ice pack and after half an hour, I felt better. 
Those nerve endings aren't totally done rewiring, after all... That is not pleasant, and I hope it's not starting all over... 

I'm going to keep track and research for ideas to help my nerve endings to accelerate and finish - if you got any, I'll listen and make my mind on them, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments