Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 29 August 2016

134 - 30 days gratitude challenge



It's been over 2 months since my last challenges. Indeed, I'd created one in the occasion of this blog's 100th post, that might have been too big for people to participate in (and which I can understand) and before that, I'd followed Cortnee Deyarmin's 7 day posichallenge

So, I'm now joining in with Brenda, my friend from twitter who shared Mindfulness Welness' challenge:  30 days of #Gratitude, starting September 1st, as follows : 







Day 1 : My sense of smell isn't very developed, so I am thankful for the rare smells that I can actually experience, which are : lemon, mint, some flowers, and hot bread. 

Day 2 : Without a doubt, I a thankful to the internet - this technology brought me friends, my wife, research, more friends, cultural discovery (music etc), and recently, support for my mental health when I needed additional tools to survive social phobias, and work towards healing.

Day 3 : I am just thankful that colors exist and that I'm not blind so I can see them. 

Day 4 : I am part hobbit. I live for food, as long as it's vegan and not nasty, LOL.

Day 5: I am thankful for the rare moments we get silence around here. It's really the best sound. 

Day 6 : In nature, I am most grateful for herbal medicines and all the plants to sustain our lives. I replenish my energies by walking in nature. Nature is life. 

Day 7 : I am grateful for the memory of first in-person meeting my wife-to-be, just under 11 years ago, when I went to pick her up in Paris airport and our hurried trip to the train. 

Day 8: The book I am most grateful for is... Jane Eyre, which was the first one I could relate to much to - in spite of some obvious differences - and which was a milestone in my road to feminism. 

Day 9: The place.... would be home. I am grateful to have one, where I am not subjected to the horrors of my childhood. In spite of flaws and difficulties in our appartement, it is home. 

Day 10: I cannot think of a particular taste I'd be grateful for - too many food oriented questions in the same challenge aren't a good thing. Remember that I'm part Hobbit. I'm thankful for the vegan foods I can eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments