Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 24 July 2016

114- Art : from art, to art therapy (3) - 2008-2009






In my previous installments of this art to art-therapy series, i discussed the origins of this project and proposed some of my art pieces from 2004-2007. 

If you want to read those previous entries, they are 

111 112 & 113 



Today, I continue this time travel and start with 2008. I was far less artistic than in 2007, but I extended my mediums from watercolors and clay sculptures, to include also acrylics - right from my first project of the year, which started in March with this still life. 
My attempt isn't the most successful on the technical aspect - in fact, I see a lot of mistakes that I would like to learn and correct in the future. But, I accept that I'm still a novice and leaves some room to improve. 

Next, is another still life attempt, again with acrylics. The frustration on this one was much bigger, and after 2 failed paintings, I called it ''plan C''. It is dated 15 Sep 2008. 

Once more, my imagination exceeded my talents, and it's another project I'd like to make over when I finally progress in my technique. 





A month later, I went back to watercolors, a medium I felt more at ease with. I haven't learned at that point how to use proper perspective, yet, but I improved from many previous works with some help from my wife and a book about this subject.


I hadn't really titled but after a time, I called it Stormy sky, because I lack imagination in naming my works (possibly linked to my lack of self-esteem). 






The same day, and the following couple days, I also renewed with clay sculpting :









I either kept them for personal use, or gave some away...but, this one below ended up in the bin, as I felt it was a massive failure and saw no use to keep it.

It was supposed to be a 3D landscape... with the sky and an aerial view of an invented portion of land and city. Maybe one day I'll try again. (Maybe I won't.)



Moving on to 2009, even poorer in art projects than 2008... 

I started much later than previous years : April 29, as I was very annoyed with lawn mowers who spent such a long time making useless noise around our building, I put their imaginary selves into a tomb.. It helped me cope a bit with this annoyance with something constructive (more than just complaining about them) and use a totally different subject with this tomb - and some humour with their names. 



A couple days later,  an astrological joke with Gemini



If am not mistaken, those were made with acrylics... 

And... that is all that I can find from that year. That, and postal cards make with my Rose Bud watercolor from 2007, augmented by a poetic phrase I made up... 

Lastly, a postal card from a photograph I took and loved greatly and which I called Sea of snow of which you can view the front, and back 





I cannot recall when, between 2007-2009, I also made this watercolor, called Announcing spring, which I loved a lot and we got framed. It used to be displayed in our living room, and after a while got moved to the bathroom (where I have to admit, have not noticed it as much and kinda forgot it was there this morning) 


S

I made it by observing a photo of a swallow, believed to announce the arrival of spring when you see them in our area (it is, mostly accurate, but not always), and added in the Sun, which the swallow brings, attached to its belly. 

This is all for my time travel... in my following entries, I'll discuss my newest art, which has taken a form of art-therapy and personal work on self-expression as well as allowing my inner child to come out of its shell, and do things that I like in spite of them having been forbidden during my ''biological youth''. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments