Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Saturday 16 July 2016

110 - I'm doing much better, and more


Read on post 109 to know what happened to me these past few days... and now :
Today was a difficult day in the world. One more of those you wake up to and read horrible news, but I try to remain focused and not read too much as I cannot change anything in this hatred and it's not sane for me to get all that distressing news about death - not that I don't feel sad or horrified, but I just cannot lose sight of my own sanity and mental health. 

So, I managed to eat better today, from cold rice, alone, then with corn- right from breakfast to lunch. 



Dinner was my first cooked meal since that sickness a couple days ago : Chinese noddles, and stir fried zucchini and mushrooms - very lightly spiced with cumin, because I didn't want to overwhelm my stomach. 

I caught up with my dish washing after 3 days, and made it to half of the late laundry as well- which is big considering my low energy the past few days. 

But, the most positive was an exchange I had on twitter with a fellow mental health advocate who helped boost my self confidence enough to share some of my old art - watercolors thus far, and the will to create new. 

I am still speechless at the likes I had, especially of my own favorite painting ''red rose bud'' which was liked and re-twitted several times, including by an art profile.
I really need to take more confidence with my own art, and make some more! And stop comparing it with other people's. 


I need to be ''unique'' as Brenda said- thank you so much for your support and pushing me this evening. 

The mental health community has been an important anchor in the past few months, thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments