Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 14 June 2016

93- CBT 2016-2



My second CBT appointment today was very positive. I have 2 tasks to do. Next appointment on 24th - only 10 days !! I'm glad I finally found a good therapists who listens and gives me actual tasks beyond mere lists. 



I do have to complete the fear scale I did from 2 weeks ago, but she said I did a very good job and that I miss only a few more situations to list in the lower range. After next appointment, I'll have further tasks, and include exposures to situations, already!
This is exactly what I needed from the first therapist I had, not just making lists and lists and lists... 


From last time, I also filled the Liebowitz social anxiety scale and have kept a draft file of it so I can print it each time that my new therapist will ask me to do it again as an updated assessment of my anxiety levels. (I did it french, evidently). 

I really like her humane approach. She's not condescending at all, contrary to my first therapist. 
Also, she was much more punctual, only 10 minutes late which is amazing because she receives me in a busy hospital. We spoke for an HOUR, not the mere 10 minutes I had with my previous CBT guy... what a difference! 

It's also only 10 minutes walk from home, so I got a bit of exercice from that (I didn't feel doing more in the rain, and I do have to go to a few places tomorrow, so it'll compensate). 

I feel I'm finally on the right track, in good therapy hands. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments