Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 7 June 2016

85- Out of topic : FB profile thefts



Hello everyone,

Usually, I write on this blog to share my experiences or raise awareness in mental health issues.
I have also raised awareness on other topics since April, in regards to societal issues. 


My topics shall be expanded, but in the meantime I'm taking a moment to tell you to be very careful online. As you may know, there are many trolls and bots over on all social medias. But, there are also scams of all sorts : special deals with huge discounts for your favorite brands or stores turn out as lies, or attempts to get your credit card numbers. 



In the same vain, you may get an add request from your favorite models, cosplayers, or maybe just about anyone in your friends list... with a whole new profile with pictures and details, it all appears very real. 
And then, they allure you into free chats, only to request your credit card at some point, and many people fall for this out of curiosity - or just being trolls who hope to ''get lucky''. 

Such scams are contrary to the rules of every single social media out there. You won't EVER have to pay to go chat with the models and cosplayers you follow, say, on Facebook. 

So, be vigilent and practice critical thinking in all situations. Verify and cross check information and don't pay none nonsensical alluring offers. 

I personally haven't gotten any odd add request from a fake model account, and if I had, I'd never go pay to have a free fetish chat ! 

But, I do follow a few models and cosplayers, such as Elisanth, who shared yesterday about such cases. 

I'll finish this entry with her original post, and repeat again : don't believe just whatever, always use your intellect and detect the wrong from the truthful - and if you are aware of other persons who may be victims of such profile thefts, let them know and raise awareness around you. Thank you for your attention.

Hi! 
This morning, I received a lot of messages about an issue. I feel I must make a post about it, Please READ and spread the word!! 
Someone on FB made a FAKE account pretending to be me, went through my followers list, and sent out a lot of friend requests! At first I thought that was another weirdo trying to get some attention. But as I was reading your messages, I realized it was much worse this time! 
This person is inviting people to some kind of 'free fetish chat' or 
whatever, and then tries to get their credit card info!!
Please note - I never send out requests from some weird profiles, I don't run any chats, or accounts on suspicious websites!
If you get any request like this, please let me know ASAP!
Upd. It looks like a big issue - I was informed there were more models affected by these scammers. Please note, models don't send around requests, or beg for attention! Be attentive when you see things like that! Double check it, and never give any personal info!
I'm sorry about miserable people who can only steal / fake / cheat, but they exist, and we all must be informed, and ready!
Have a nice and safe week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments