Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 2 May 2016

52- Special edition 2: Mental health awareness month (2) - Impact on my life



May is mental health awareness month, and it appears that the first week is more important, so I shall follow the example of vlogers and try to compose daily entries for this week and then weekly ones the rest of the month, all regarding this topic.

Before I get on to my case, here's a link with #MHW2K16, as in Mental Health Week 2016,  o youtube 



And now, for day 2, I start with the question of ‘’How mental health affects my life?’’

My social anxieties block many activities that I’d love to do, such as attending concerts or accept friends’ invitations to parties, and travelling.

I have been able, however, to go to the movies in the past couple years, with an initial anxiety whilst waiting in line, or waiting for the movie to start. Once the lights go off, I feel much better. 

A few days ago, I forced myself to attend a star wars convention for the first time of my life and had some fan, but a lot of anxiety and a panic attack.

Other phobias also complicate my life and some are quite debilitating.

To prevent the worse aspects of my cyclothymia, I need a clean and organized environment, and sometimes it’s difficult to cope with rapid shifts in my moods.

Since I avoided almost all social situations for many years, I had time to concentrate on solitary hobbies such as reading and getting both certainement and intellectual interests.  

It’s difficult for me to see positive aspects, maybe apart for the fact that my innate sensitivity and compassion have grown over the years and I can relate to other people who suffer from anything, not just mental health issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments