Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 1 May 2016

51- Special edition 2: Mental health awareness month (1) - Spreading awareness



May is Mental health awareness month, and this first week is ''MHW2K16'', Mental Heallth Week 2016, at least in Canada (I saw other dates on other websites but I'll just take the lead of the youtubers I follow).

The first day, they post about spreading mental awareness. I have to say that although I have always been interested in health in general and specifically in alternative health (herbal medicine, mostly), I've never spread anything and would only answer questions from friends and people I met throughout my life.






As I started my path towards healing, I have been listening to testimonies of many vlogers on youtube and the first step I took for spreading the word was talking about my social phobias with my friends, in whom I further entrusted more personal information so they could understand me and why I had to refuse many invitations.

I haven't had the courage to create a youtube channel for several reasons, so the only spreading I do is with the next step I took:  I created this blog, both as a self expression tool so I can follow my own evolution, and also to spread the word because I believe it's very important to break taboos, especially here in France where the general mentality pushes people to suffer in silence.

I'm not aware of any groups or associations for mental health patients over here, but I plan to search for some information regarding this and also ask my next CBT therapist for clues.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments