Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Sunday 17 April 2016

48- Special Edition 1- Sexual Assault Awareness (3)



Composed a little late, as I lacked time and felt overwhelmed by the magnitude of what can be said of the subject of sexual assaults - a subject that is very depressing because of its nature and the far many victims - I had a big writers block, as I didn't know what to say... even though this isn't my own story but that of too many people who have been victims of barbaric acts of disturbed people who should've gone to therapy instead of seeking their prey ...

Before continuing, I refer you to Parts 1 and 2 of this series out



Upon reflection, I chose to treat the subject of victim assistance, and in this English version of my blog promote RAINN, which stands for ''Rape, abuse and incest national network'' and which is based in Washington, DC. It is the largest anti sexual-violence organisation  in the USA, helping survivors all over that nation. I regularly follow the articles they post on their facebook page or check their official website, which I would suggest checking for my English speaking readers, especially those in need of assistance and who are in an emergency situation, in the USA.  I admire the work they do, as they truly seem to help victims and promote awareness about all the topics of sexual assault, rape, and incest.

It's never easy to read about horrendous stories but it is important to do so and never forget or lose sight of the issues at hand, and honor the victims and be happy for those who manage to rebuild their lives and who bring awareness by telling us their stories and share their private selves with a lot of courage.

As I wasn't aware of any such organisation in the UK where I do know a few people and where I might have readers, I searched and found this website which lists various organisations and orders them per type, here 

I'm keeping this post a bit shorter because I have another one to share just after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments