Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 16 February 2016

10 - Book - Cyclothymie






I do not remember the details of this book, but if you also suffer from cyclothymia, it is very informative. I read it shortly after its release in 2008, borrowing it from the library.

The authors clearly explain this mood disorder -sometimes difficult to manage- and offer helpful tricks.

It was there that I understood why I had trouble with the unexpected, eg a part of me needs of regularity and being warned of guests coming over, to have some control over the elements.

I learned from other sources, that control is an illusion, of course, but the impression of "having it" helps in limiting the most violent mood swings because the unexpected boosts too many emotions which rise like the waves of the ocean - huge waves that overwhelm and drown the person who becomes temporarily unable to reason and is swept away like a shell in the sea...

I highly recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments