Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 23 February 2016

13 – chaotic path – part 2 : the search for personal tools



11 – chaotic path – part 2 : the search for personal tools

After a year of an unsuccessful CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and no progress, I decided since December 2015 to take the lead and get my own tools, especially as several social events at the end of the year loomed and I was very anxious about their approach.
Between two CBT appointments with the psychiatrist I launched the appropriate keywords in the youtube search engine: ''TCC'' (the French acronym for this therapy). I wanted to know, above all, if my therapy unfolded properly, if my shrink had taken care of my case and for this I had to know the normal course of CBT. Gradually I enlarged my search adding key words cognitive behavioral therapy and social phobia.


The results are divided into two major parts:
some psychotherapists and coaches that speak of the CBT as well as of social phobias, and give tips to advance - especially in the case of coaches. However, sometimes these coaches were merely redirecting people to their website and paying services... 
Above all, the testimonies of various people who also suffer from anxiety and social phobias, talking about their painful experiences and sometimes sharing personal tips for coping.
The majority of witnesses are outside of France, ; they were in Belgium and Quebec. It seemed very obvious that the French do not like to talk and share any of it on youtube ... 
I have to thank all those who dared and contributed their testimonies, because I know how difficult that is.
I subsequently sought vlogs in English, and the number of videos is certainly much higher, but the quality is very random: some are very well organized and enact very practical and pragmatic tips, while others testify in very noisy environments, making hearing difficult or impossible, or else very aggressive exchanges of people who do not speak softly and that I simply skipped and hopped to the next video because I do not like these violent attitudes.
To see more clearly, I created boards on pinterest, in order to return directly to the best videos and listen to them when needed, and I shall post specific entries on this blog about those vlogs I found helpful because I can not comment on pinterest, and one reason for the creation of my blog is to share in my turn and to give back to society and specifically to those who gave me tools to advance in my chaotic journey of ''self therapy''.
Some videos have recommended books to read, and so far I have ordered two and started reading the first. 
After my appointment with the CBT shrink in January 2016, and an unsuccessful sessions, I decided to put an end to this therapy which was going nowhere and focus for the time being on these new personal tools : youtube vlogs, reading books and articles and shall continue to expose myself to social situations, and keep a log on my goals and social achievements.
This blog is a synthesis of these tools and how I share my experiences, my difficulties, my progress, hoping to help in my turn people in need of tips and know that we are not alone to face these anxieties and social phobia or other phobias that accompany it all.
Thank you for listening and good luck in your paths to each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments